.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Flex Day

Kind of a quiet day, but I had fun. Started out the morning by taking delivery of the replacement LitterMaid; A UPS package is rare enough around here that it becomes a bit of an event.

Then, I went for a bike ride. It was a good ride: took the mountain bike up Burnaby Mountain, then went down Snake Trail on the north side. I was riding more obstacles and riding them better than ever before. I can really feel my pathetic dirt skills improving.

Since I still had some masochism left in me, I rode off the mountain, up Cariboo Hill, and then to New Westminster to ask a question at work.

No, literally. That's what I did. It's a long story, and one I won't tell here. The important thing is that there was a reception with those big cookies, and there were lots left over afterwards, so I grabbed a bunch.

My eating habits are mad: I ate more than five of those big cookies at the reception, and that's just sort of how I eat sometimes. But I still look gaunt! No, really:
Ryan, scowling for some reason. I'm not sure why, since he's not really angry at anything here.
Ok, maybe that's only gaunt by my standards. But seriously: a ton of cookies today, a half a donut, orange sherbert, and much more. The only thing that saved me today was not eating very much real food: a couple of pieces of toast, a couple of carrots, a couple of little tiny yogurts, and a small sandwich.

It may be time to work not so much on eating less but on eating healthier.

So, after the cookies, I rode home, taking the long route via my parents' house, so that meant a little extra hillclimbing, and I rode back via some dirt trails at the bottom of Burnaby Mountain just for fun. A great ride on a beautiful day.

And then the cat. It's been limping a bit, so The Lovely One and I took it into the vet. nothing a few weeks of rest and some anti-inflammatories won't cure. The cat should be fine too. (Rimshot!)

Nice relaxing evening, accidentally destroyed a new spark plug while trying to gap it, and now I think I will have a drink and then to bed.

Bailey's? Yes, I think Bailey's.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?