.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Pay $490 for car repairs. Is it too much to ask that they adjust the accessory belts so they don't squeal? I think not!!

Ooh. That's just a major, bush-league error. I think I'll take it back to the shop. It would take me 10 minutes to fix, but they're going to make it right on general principles. I don't mind paying $90/h for competent work, but this?

Okay, I'm done now.

You know what's potentially depressing about blogging? Reading back your own posts and realizing you've spent a week obsessing about car repairs, a bike race, and your weight.

I have a new one to add to that: our intramural hockey team won! We played smart, we played slow (important when your team is so much older than the competition that the team name is The Fossils), and the opposing goalie was described by my teammate thus: "he has the equipment, and he has the size, but he doesn't have the skills."

I can't improve on that. But my own performance was great! I scored a goal (unheard of with my dreadful shot), I blocked a shot, and in one determined shift of checking, I knocked over the largest player on the other team twice.

It was fun.

I've been playing a little with a new PowerBook at work. Garage Band looks as cool hands-on as it did in Steve's demos. Now I just need some talent.

Should I do the super-hilly race on Sunday? I'm still dithering. I've gotta do it....

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?