.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 04, 2004

Above Average

Just a short note for now: I just finished the Pacific Populaire. Official Times should be available this evening, and my card is not quite reliable as to official times because of a delay in the start (which should be calculated into the start time), but it appears I did a sub-3-hour 100km ride.

That's not a little better than I hoped, that's spectacularly beyond my expectations. To give you an idea of how good it was, my time would have been a course record any other year (the route changed a bit this year, making it both a tiny bit shorter and a lot easier to negotiate. A messy section involving the Queensborough Bridge was removed). This year I hung on to the lead group for almost the entire ride, until about the 93km mark. They went on to finish several minutes ahead of me. I finished out the ride with a woman who got dropped on the same hill I did; she was first female.

Woo hoo!

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?