.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 31, 2004

My First Time...Trial

As you can see from the results, I did not cover myself in glory in my first TT.

It was a short hillclimb TT up Gaglardi way, the main road leading to Simon Fraser University. 3.6 km, and it was the hardest 12 minutes of riding I have ever done. No joke, I was so fatigued from the ride that I rode home and spent most of Sunday in bed.

The worst part was finishing 0.27s out of third place in my group. The best part was the thrill of accomplishment from making a credible showing. And the prizes were pretty good: coupons for Steamrollers, $5 for fourth place, and a nice long-sleeve Syncros shirt. And I had fans! My parents showed up, Vic showed up, it was a lot of fun!

Now to think about Saturday and Sunday, when I race in Victoria.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?