.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Volunteerism

This is the corner where I work

So I went and did my first stint of corner-work for the Tuesday Nighters. I wasn't bitter (well maybe a little), but I haven't ridden in the first two WTNC races now, and I haven't ridden a race since the minor fiasco that was my Harris-Roubaix experience about a month ago.

I want to get back in a race, now!!!

But when it rains, it pours. There are three reachable weekly racing series in the region now. I should have fewer excuses for not doing my weekly races.

But I want to race now!

One fun element of the corner-work: I didn't have any water with me, and I was standing within hearing distance of a fountain. By the end of the evening I was both dehydrated and I had to pee. Nice.

The Cat 5 race (always my favourite, of course) was crazy: the pack cracked into pieces very quickly, and I think only about 6 riders finished in the lead bunch. It was pretty good racing. In the Cat 1, a small group got off the front and stayed off the front, building up a 40-50 second lead by the end.

The only major cornerwork mistake was when I had a miscommunication with a bus driver, which ended with him driving off his route and onto the course. Oh crap.

and here are some more Cat 1 riders, working very hard indeed. Much harder than I.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?