.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Where does the time go? 

Apologies if this doesn't work right: I'm testing the e-mail interface to my weblog again, something that has had disastrous results in the past.

During a party this weekend, a very dear and longstanding friend was rather shocked that I wasn't interested in seeing a certain very important film. I think she thought I was joking when I explained that my bike shed was in dire need of reorganizing.

I wasn't! It is! But of course, I was joking a little bit. And I am hardly the kind of person who is good enough at time-management to make any sort of claim of being fully booked (otherwise, I might not have watched half of a rather sappy film on TV last night as I tried to lapse into a coma on the couch). Nonetheless, I lead a pretty full life, albeit a rather domestic one. Since that party on the weekend, I have picked more than three gallons of crab apples, prepped and strained them to make jelly juice. I did about 75 km of riding yesterday, including my weekly bike race, which went according to expectations (about 8th place, a competitive showing). I did a fairly fruitless scouting job at my favourite out-of-town bike parts repository, and I tentatively sold a bicycle.

Crab apple jelly is busy work. So far, chopping up the apples for rendering has been the most time-consuming part, so I'm working on a little process management, or to put it another way, a lazier, better way of preparing apples for jellification.

The mad part is that I don't even know if I like crab apple jelly. I guess I'll find out.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?