.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 24, 2004

50% better than yesterday! Almost at 100%! 

So, I must be feeling better, because I'm at work, right? Right.

This morning's ride in was euphoric after so many days of virally-enforced house arrest. I got on the bike, flew up my favourite hill (Clarke Road), and charged through my trip to work. I felt happy, I talked to cars, I greeted onlookers at bus stops, I generally enjoyed myself. Maybe it was the endorphins, maybe it was lightheadedness, but the ride in was superb. Really a glad-to-be-alive moment.

A bit of a postscript to yesterday's F1 yammering. I first recognized the news about Jacques because when I saw the coverage, I recognized his helmet design plopped in the cockpit of a Renault. Why is it so distinctive? Well, he designed it himself, long before he became a pro, and has used it ever since. Unfortunately, I can't find a good online link to the full story of this design (I think he did it up as a teenager), so you'll have to settle for that.

A 1996 version of Jacques' helmet design. It hasn't changed much over the years, as you can see in this 2004 version.

Here's one of the helmet designs his father used.

Ah, helmet anoraks. But do scroll about halfway through this thread to see a helmet visor really worth checking out, atop Graham Hill's noggin.

Wait, you don't think I'm a helmet anorak do you? Naaaah.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?