.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A chance of what? 

So, I'm going to Ottawa very soon, and have been looking up the weather forecasts. That's a link to the live forecast, so it changes every day, but as I write this, the current forecast calls for "ice pellets" this evening.

Ice pellets? They even have a graphic for it!

Hm. Actually, let's just abuse Environment Canada's system gratuitously (hey, I paid for that site, I oughta be allowed to leech their graphics). For your amusement, All 41 of their little icons:



I look forward especially to figuring out what this is:, and what different weather pheonomena these two represent:

Update: Environment Canada has a fascinating explanation of their weather terms, including the inscrutable "ice pellets," which are different from mere hail!

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?