.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring Series: ups and downs 

All bike racers are mental.

Saturday: I crash just after the first lap, thanks to a really boring instance of pack stupidity. Casualties: hole in shorts, wheels de-trued, minor scrapes all over. Suck level 9.

Sunday: I finish truing the wheels. On the first lap of a hilly, windy race, I get dropped off a group of five lead riders. On the upside, nobody else stayed with them either, so I'm alone in sixth. One rider from the front group came back to me, and a teammate caught up. Along with a rider one lap down, we rode home together. I showed some strength in the final climb, and managed to take fifth. I'll get to be on the website! Suck level 3.

I love the Spring Series.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?