.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Notes and ruminations on the BC election 

A few idle thoughts:

-The BC Liberals got the usual benefit of our electoral system, a comfy legislative majority from 46% of the vote. The NDP's 41% of the vote tracked their seat take uncannily.

STV looks like it went down to defeat, which makes me sad. Oh well.

Of Belinda Stronach, I don't have anything useful to say. I don't think much of her decision, which I think was cravenly opportunistic, and I say as one who does not have a philosophical objection to floor-crossing per se.

The new bike got its maiden race tonight. I had fun hammering in some attacks, but I got left behind on the last lap. So much effort for so little gain. As a bonus irony, my teammate Austin, who was working with me for most of the race, sucked up a plastic bag on the last lap and had to stop.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?