.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Updates and rumination 

A nothing title for a not-much post. I thought I would talk about Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi's books, which I have had for a month or so but not fully read. I posted about these books previously, and I think I have to offer at least a capsule review here.

What I have to say, sadly, is that I don't think much of MC's writing. It's rather stiff in both books, and fairly tedious in large stretches. I have to say that I think that Gord's post on MC' writing is probably an excellent summation of the core of MC's ideas. The quote and graph he hs in his review are prety much it.

That's good, I guess, because it saves you reading a couple of books. Always the optimist!

Oh yeah, and Hell on Wheels, a first-rate new pro cycling documentary, is coming to the VIFF this year. Anyone interested in going? Let me know.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?