.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, December 02, 2005

Warmer, colder, either way it's bad. 

So, since I rode the bus to work today (part of my ongoing commitment to not commuting by bicycle while there is snow on the roads), I read one of the free commuter papers, and they had this article on how some activists staged a mock hockey game of the future in Montreal, showing that the grand tradition of pond hockey was threatened by warmer temperatures. They did this outside of a U.N. climate change conference.

Now first, I'm trying to imagine this theoretical Canadian who is threatened by warmer winters. I don't think they live in Edmonton.

But then, I read that scientists at the same Montreal conference are predicting that climate change may cause colder winters for parts of Canada and Europe.

Okay, yes, one groups is a bunch of kids who don't know any better, and the other group consists of actual scientists. But I continue to feel that on the issue of climate change, it's probably too soon to tell.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?