.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Daring Ads For Trendoids 

First, let me say that I think the French Connection UK brand is beyond cheeky. I gotta wonder about why you would want to wear their logo on your body.

Of course, given that it now seems okay for even teenagers to wear "TNA" clothing and all manner of other curious slogans, I think I've lost this battle.

Okay, grumpy reactionary disclaimer out of the way, this history of FCUK advertising was a pretty interesting. You can interpret this multi-year tale several ways, but my favourite is to consider it the story of one company mau-mauing the UK's perfectly reasonable advertising standards into submission on the installment plan.

But I'm like that.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?