.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I am inordinately proud of my role in this project 



A teeny tiny cyclocross bike. My own, rather larger cyclocross bike will now need building.

Aside from the process of finding a suitable rigid fork for the front of the bike (canti posts plus the right size of steer tube), converting this 20" wheeled "mountain bike" to a road machine was not that hard.

I highly recommend the 20" (ISO 406) wheel size for all manner of crazy projects. Lots of interesting BMX-based equipment is available when it comes to wheels, tires, forks, and the various other likely bits. The semi-slick tires on this machine cost us about $8 each at the local shop.

I am reliably informed that the rider of this machine has been clocked at speeds nearing 30 km/h.

Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?